That’s right. Serena Williams has won the fourteenth major of her career by defeating Agnieszka Radwanska from Poland in the singles title. Just hours later her and Venus won the doubles title. Today symbolized the greatness of the William sisters. Serena battled it out in a tough three sets against Radwanska. Neither of the Williams sisters showed any signs of being bothered by the lack of them not competing together on the same team for over two years, Venus’s early exit in the singles competitions, or Serena’s championship match just hours earlier. Venus and Serena showed everyone why they are two of the all-time greatest female tennis players. Together they have thirteen Grand Slam doubles titles. Up next for both are the Olympics where they hope to obtain a gold medal and the U.S. Open soon thereafter.
Yes it’s true. I failed to blog not only about, but during my vacation to Florida. I enjoyed myself but now it’s back to work. We last left off with the All Star Weekend interview, so instead of covering some of what has happened in depth, we’ll go down through a quick rundown of some of the things that have happened.
- The NFL is still in lockout mode which is a shame.
- The NBA has since followed suit into lockout mode which is leaning towards being close to if not a season ending lockout.
- Wladimir Klitschko defeated “trash talker” David Haye in a lopsided unanimous decision.
- Cars 2, sequel to 2006’s hit movie Cars opened up to over $66 million in its’ opening weekend.
- Transformers 3 just wrapped up its’ opening weekend bringing in over $400 million worldwide.
- Maria Shriver officially filed the necessary divorce papers. I wonder when will see Arnold again.
- Novak Djokovic and Petra Kvitova won the Wimbledon Grand Slam this year, with Novak defeating Nadal and Kvitova defeating Maria Sharapova
- Last but not least, Charlie Sheen will be the next guy to be roasted this September on Comedy Central. This will be interesting to see. Two and a Half Men, with Ashton Kutcher commences an hour earlier on that same night.
This is not everything but just a tip of the iceberg of what happened while I was away on vacation.