Apparently Charlie Sheen happens to still draw millions of viewers even away from his days at Two and a Half Men. Sheen’s new sitcom “Anger Management” debuted as the highest rated premiere in FX history. The first episode that aired garnered 5.5 million viewers while the second episode drew 5.7 million viewers. Charlie Sheen’s new show is loosely based off the 2003 film of the same name which starred Jack Nicholson and Adam Sandler. If he and the show continues to draw these type of ratings, then expect this show to last quite a few seasons.
Yes it’s true. I failed to blog not only about, but during my vacation to Florida. I enjoyed myself but now it’s back to work. We last left off with the All Star Weekend interview, so instead of covering some of what has happened in depth, we’ll go down through a quick rundown of some of the things that have happened.
- The NFL is still in lockout mode which is a shame.
- The NBA has since followed suit into lockout mode which is leaning towards being close to if not a season ending lockout.
- Wladimir Klitschko defeated “trash talker” David Haye in a lopsided unanimous decision.
- Cars 2, sequel to 2006’s hit movie Cars opened up to over $66 million in its’ opening weekend.
- Transformers 3 just wrapped up its’ opening weekend bringing in over $400 million worldwide.
- Maria Shriver officially filed the necessary divorce papers. I wonder when will see Arnold again.
- Novak Djokovic and Petra Kvitova won the Wimbledon Grand Slam this year, with Novak defeating Nadal and Kvitova defeating Maria Sharapova
- Last but not least, Charlie Sheen will be the next guy to be roasted this September on Comedy Central. This will be interesting to see. Two and a Half Men, with Ashton Kutcher commences an hour earlier on that same night.
This is not everything but just a tip of the iceberg of what happened while I was away on vacation.