Just a few days I uploaded the trailer for The Dark Knight Rises and what an enticing trailer it was. A couple of days ago saw the release of the trailer for The Hobbit. If you appreciated the art and story telling of the Lord of the Rings franchise, then you must go to the very beginning starting with the story of Bilbo Baggins. The Hobbit is in theaters December 14th 2012.
A trailer for the newest and final installment of Chris Nolan’s Batman trilogy released today and all I can say is that it’s something special. I’ve included the trailer below for your viewing pleasure. Personally, I’m excited for July 20th 2012 for the release of “The Dark Knight Rises”.
There has been a bulk of news in the past couple of weeks that I want to get out there for you guys.
- Britney Spears and her beau Jason Trawick are now engaged.
- Vanessa Bryant has filed for divorce from NBA superstar, Kobe Bryant.
- The NBA offseason under the new CBA started December 9th and since then, Chris Paul was shipped off to the LA Clippers. There was also a plethora of other moves including Lamar Odom getting traded to the reigning champions, the Dallas Mavericks.
- J.R. Martinez, winner of this past season of Dancing With The Stars is going to be a dad for the first time. He and his fiance Diana are expecting their first child next Spring.
- Sophie Clarke is your Survivor: South Pacific champion.
- The direct sequel to our modern day Sherlock Holmes won the box office this weekend taking in over 40 million. This is way down from the first film’s opening weekend. The third installment of Alvin and the Chipmunks came in second with over 23 mil, followed by Tom Cruise’s Mission Impossible with 13 mil unofficially. The fourth installment of the film was on limited release but officially comes out this Wednesday.
The NBA is back on Christmas Day with five games.
BOS vs NYK @ 12 pm on TNT *rematch of 2011 quarter finals”
MIA vs DAL @ 2:30 pm on ABC *rematch of 2011 NBA finals*
CHI vs LAL @ 5:00 pm on ABC
ORL vs OKC @ 8:00 pm on ESPN
LAC vs GSW @ 10:30 pm on ESPN *Chris Paul’s first game as a Clipper, Mark Jackson’s first game as coach of Warriors*
I’ll start off my 2011 campaign with my predictions for the NBA Playoffs. By the time this article is published, there will already be two days of basketball played. With that being said, I am predicting every round separately, including the Finals. So without further ado here are my predictions starting with the Eastern Conference.
1. Chicago Bulls
8. Indiana Pacers
My Winner- Chicago
Expect MVP candidate Derrick Rose to shine in this series. I honestly believe that Indiana can match up and win two games but the Bulls will take this in six.
4. Orlando Magics
5. Atlanta Hawks
My Winner- Atlanta
I just can not take the Orlando Magics seriously. I can not take Dwight Howard seriously. He is the best center in the league and I want him to take control and be aggressive. It seems he has done that and received many techs this season but something is missing. Develop a jump shot Dwight. The Hawks have the individual pieces to lead through Orlando in five games.
3. Boston Celtics
6. New York Knicks
My Winner- Boston
Home-town pick here. They lost a lot of luster since trading Perkins but I expect them to take care of the Knicks in five games.
2. Miami Heat
7. Philadelphia 76ers
My Winner- Miami
I would love if the Doug Collin’s 76ers push Miami to seven games but all I see is a sweep. Miami will wear Philly down throughout the first couple of games.