Demi Lovato, once known mostly for her acting career on Disney will now be known as one of the newest judges on Simon Cowell’s “X-Factor”. Demi is expected to join Britney Spears as the newcomers expected to replace Paula Abdul and Nicole Scherzinger. These two are an interesting choice for the second season of X-Factor” for it seems like they are looking to gravitate towards a young audience by bringing in artists who have not only appealed to teens and young adults, but who have also had their personal problems documented in the public. The announcement is expected today at the Upfronts for Fox, and I’m curious to see how this plays out in the second season. It will make me tune in just to see if Demi and Britney can make this work on live tv.
There has been a bulk of news in the past couple of weeks that I want to get out there for you guys.
- Britney Spears and her beau Jason Trawick are now engaged.
- Vanessa Bryant has filed for divorce from NBA superstar, Kobe Bryant.
- The NBA offseason under the new CBA started December 9th and since then, Chris Paul was shipped off to the LA Clippers. There was also a plethora of other moves including Lamar Odom getting traded to the reigning champions, the Dallas Mavericks.
- J.R. Martinez, winner of this past season of Dancing With The Stars is going to be a dad for the first time. He and his fiance Diana are expecting their first child next Spring.
- Sophie Clarke is your Survivor: South Pacific champion.
- The direct sequel to our modern day Sherlock Holmes won the box office this weekend taking in over 40 million. This is way down from the first film’s opening weekend. The third installment of Alvin and the Chipmunks came in second with over 23 mil, followed by Tom Cruise’s Mission Impossible with 13 mil unofficially. The fourth installment of the film was on limited release but officially comes out this Wednesday.